Welcome on my New Blog, you can see most all the show i love and i'll share with you everything i can with the help of my friend Helena.
All promotionnal photos belongs to ABC, CW, FOX, BBC and HBO

Thursday, October 15, 2009

Sonya Walger interview about Flashforward

here an interview of Sonya Walger (Olivia) on FF
you can read the part concerning LOST here :
Lyly Ford Blog

TVGuide.com: Were you nervous about joining another mythology-heavy show?
Walger:
No, not at all. It's funny, I didn't even think of Lost when I read that script. It sounds bizarre or naïve, but I really didn't. I read the script and I was so excited by the writing and by this character, by this woman who is complicated and says 'I hate you' to her husband when she means 'I love you.' She's a professional and a surgeon and a mother. I didn't see any similarities to Lost. I honestly still don't. I see them as big shows that have one big exciting event, the catalyst that gets it all going with an ensemble cast. I see that, but after that they just part ways. There isn't a mythology to FlashForward in the same way. There's not codes to decipher ... There's not islands moving and polar bears and smoke monsters, that's not in our show ... yet anyway.

TVGuide.com: Did you ever work with Dominic Monaghan on Lost?
Walger:
This is the joke of me being a part of Lost, I haven't met three-quarters of that cast. I'm not kidding. I would be as star-struck as you would be if I met Matthew Fox. I actually only met Dominic on a photo shoot for FlashForward — that was the first time we met. He comes into play in quite a significant way in this show. I can't really tell you anymore than that. He's a good part of it.

TVGuide.com: We haven't seen all of Olivia's flash-forward. What can you tease about what we haven't seen?
Walger:
In the flash-forward, the bit that you have seen is that Lloyd [Jack Davenport] gets up from the bed and gets a text message from someone. The person he gets a text message from is very, very unexpected.

TVGuide.com: Can Mark and Olivia's marriage survive this flash-forward?
Walger:
Who knows? I think it's completely fascinating that just the ghost of this might be what undoes their marriage, or it might be what strengthens them and keeps them together. It might be the tension of it alone [that] drives Mark to drink. It's such an interesting idea that just the threat of something might be what leads you towards it. It may well be that they get to a breaking point and then say, 'No, this isn't happening to us. We're going to make this work.'

TVGuide.com: Do you have any personal belief in fate?
Walger:
I don't really. The word fate doesn't really mean much to me in some ways. I think we make our own. Minute by minute you decide who you are and who you're likely to be. You make the choices hour by hour, just in the present. I don't believe there's some roadmap laid out that we're headed towards.

TVGuide.com: Give us a nice tease for what's coming up for Olivia.
Walger:
She's going to be forced quite soon to deal with whether or not you can change the future. She keeps being reminded — evidence keeps being presented all around her — that you can't change it. Every time she thinks she's seen the last of Lloyd and that she's managed to avoid it, he keeps coming back.

source : tv guide

No comments:

Post a Comment